Less Stress, More Progress
Find the Key to Your Child's Health Services
This course is for:
- Parents and families of children with Complex Needs (medical, physical and developmental needs) who are getting involved with NHS services for the first time.
You will learn:
- How NHS services are organised and work together
- How to organise your paperwork in ways that will be helpful to you
- What kinds of appointments you might expect from Therapists
- How you can communicate well with Professionals to minimise frustration
- How to fit therapy into your day
And lots of other useful tips!
I have been a Speech and Language Therapist for 15 years. I love to see children succeed, and I know that just one person can turn things around for children with SLCN. Maybe that person is you?
I know that visual timetables are a really useful strategies for lots of reasons! People talk about them a lot, but they often skip over the 'how you actually do it' part. Too often, timetables are set up without a clear idea of what we are trying to achieve. They may be overambitious, inconsistently used, or given up on too early. This is a shame because they are such a useful and straightforward strategy when we do them well.
I can help you to set the groundwork for successful use of a visual timetable for your child by introducing you to 'first-then' visual timetables, the most common starting point for this strategy
StartWho is this course for, and what will you learn? (3:33)
StartWho are all these people?? Understanding your NHS services (15:11)
StartGetting Organised: Paperwork (3:24)
StartGetting organised: Appointments and cancellations (1:53)
StartGood communication pathways (5:07)
StartUnderstanding Therapy Appointments (6:31)
StartGetting the most out of your therapy appointments (13:40)
StartWhy your Therapist gives you home tasks to do, and how to fit them in (6:25)