Less Stress, More Progress
Find the Key to Your Child's Health Services
This course is for:
- Parents and families of children with Complex Needs (medical, physical and developmental needs) who are getting involved with NHS services for the first time.
You will learn:
- How NHS services are organised and work together
- How to organise your paperwork in ways that will be helpful to you
- What kinds of appointments you might expect from Therapists
- How you can communicate well with Professionals to minimise frustration
- How to fit therapy into your day
And lots of other useful tips!
I qualified in 2004 as a Speech and Language Therapist. Over the years I have specialised in working with children with complex medical, physical and learning needs, on both feeding and communication. I work in the NHS and in my own business, and have learned a lot about working with Parents who are new to the world of additional needs.
The favourite part of my job is helping people to see things from their child's point of view. Once you understand how your child views the world, so many of the things they do make sense. Parents' worries and frustrations often reduce significantly with the right information, and that is what I want to offer with my courses.
I hope that the course helps you, and that you will come and find me on Facebook, Twitter or Linked In, to tell me what you thought, and what other courses you would like to see.
StartWho is this course for, and what will you learn? (3:33)
StartWho are all these people?? Understanding your NHS services (15:11)
StartGetting Organised: Paperwork (3:24)
StartGetting organised: Appointments and cancellations (1:53)
StartGood communication pathways (5:07)
StartUnderstanding Therapy Appointments (6:31)
StartGetting the most out of your therapy appointments (13:40)
StartWhy your Therapist gives you home tasks to do, and how to fit them in (6:25)